Have you ever had the feeling of excitement of getting so many leads - perhaps coming from a networking event, a kickass marketing campaign, or a well-attended webinar. Exciting, right?
So you have collected all these leads, only to realize later on, that only a handful actually turn into customers. So what really happened?
Here are the top reasons why your leads are not converting:
- Sales and marketing are not aligned. Marketing and sales should work together to understand lead generation goals, messaging, and targeting.
- Poor lead quality. If you’re talking to the wrong people, they are less likely to convert into customers.
- Insufficient lead nurturing. If leads are not nurtured and engaged after they provide their contact information, they may lose interest or forget about your company and its products or services.
- Lack of follow-up. If sales does not follow up with leads in a timely and effective manner, they may miss opportunities to convert and may also cause leads to lose interest.
- Lack of personalization. If leads do not receive a personalized experience, they may not feel valued and may not convert.
- Inadequate lead scoring. If leads are not scored properly, sales representatives may not prioritize the most promising leads and may not convert them.
- You’re selling too soon. Nobody likes a pushy salesperson. Instead of going for conversion quickly, try to build a relationship with your potential customers and earn their trust.
What should marketers do?
As marketers, you can help increase conversions by generating highly-qualified leads. By focusing on lead qualification, marketers can reduce the amount of time and resources spent on pursuing unqualified leads and increase the likelihood of successful conversions.
You can use online form and flow building tools such as Upflowy to help collect information from your leads. It also allows users to set lead qualification steps so you can make sure that your leads are qualified and routed to the right people in your team.
If you'd like to get more tips on how to convert your leads, read here.
Still not sure where or how to start? Talk to one of our experts and we’d be happy to help you reach your conversion goals.